Such Things

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. - Philippians 4:8

Name:
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Number 3

Greetings to you all. My second post will be more of an overview of what I hope to accomplish with this blog, but with this post I wanted to break the ice with an exciting announcement. Yesterday, my lovely wife and I went to her ultrasound appointment to find out the sex of our third child. We already have a boy and a girl. Many people might think we should stop there with one of each. I've even had a few people tell me that once you have a third child you have to switch from man-to-man defense to a zone defense because the children will have you outnumbered. Andrea and I always thought we would have at least three children. I've joked about wanting five so that we could have our own basketball team.

But what is the real reason that I wanted to have several children? For me it was easy - being the youngest of 4 children God blessed me with 2 brothers and a sister that loved me, cared for me, nurtured me and along with our parents, shaped me into the man I am today, and I want my children to have the opportunity to develop that same special bond. Even today I count on my siblings as three of my closest friends. My prayer is that my children will not take for granted the built-in best friends they have living with them, and that their relationship will grow into the same bond that I share with Julie, Brad and Steve. Thank you for who you are and what you have accomplished. I truly look up to you for your leadership, your drive, your character, and so much more.

Now about that ultrasound ... we are having a girl!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blair,
You're so sweet. I look forward to reading your blog, too. Just be forwarned, once you get me hooked, I'll need it at least once or twice a week. Love you, JULIE

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!

We love girls.. Congrates.
And Happy Birthday!

steve

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO have the most wonderful
children in the WORLD!



MOM

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home