Such Things

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. - Philippians 4:8

Name:
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Celebrating a Birth

One month ago today I held my youngest child for the first time. I was so overcome with emotion that I couldn't speak a single word. My eyes filled with tears and the giant lump in my throat prevented me from speaking. Life is busy, stressful, hectic and exhausting, but when you hold a brand new baby, your baby, nothing else seems to matter. There is plenty of time later to worry about how you are going to provide for her and protect her and raise her the way you want her to be. In that one moment your life is filled with peace as you cradle this precious gift from God.

Three days from now we have the opportunity to celebrate the birth of another baby who came to bring Peace to the world. Amid all of the chaos that surrounds the holiday season, let's remember to take the time to pause and give thanks to God for the gift that he gave us in the form of his son Jesus.

10But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. 12This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
13Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

Luke 2: 10 - 14

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

precious pictures, precious words.
Kalyn showed me how to enlarge the
pictures - a first for me - usually I just smile at the tiny images! Thanks for the Christmas
musings and Joy to the World!

Mom

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I read a blog, it amazes me of the little brother I once had, and the fine man you have become. Thank you for sharing your words and pictures.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home